All About Caroline Farmer

Monday, March 11, 2013

Rookie Blogger

I have a dear friend who constantly talks about the blogs that she follows. For years, I have listened to her tell me about projects, craft ideas, people battling different illnesses, etc and I have always given her a hard time about it. How does she have time to follow this stuff? After many conversations on the topic, I realize that she sincerely enjoys it. I guess you could say that it is one of her hobbies, kind of like my Sunday afternoon loaf session with a SVU marathon on USA. She loves keeping up with families going through difficult life issues and actually feels like she knows these people. She gets emotionally involved with these families. Actually, we have prayed for one of her blog families during our bible study.

I have really upped my game on Social Networking in the last few months. I have always had a facebook and checked it every couple of days. As I embarked on my journey into the Mortgage Industry, I started paying attention to how valuable my network of people could be. As Rodney posted information about me on the Kwest Mortgage facebook page, I was overwhelmed by the positive responses his posts recieved. It was exciting to get on and see how many people "liked" my posts or how many new fan page "likes" we recieved. I also realized how my LinkedIn page was lacking. During my Xinnix schooling (which I will definitely post on in the future), one of our assignments was to beef up our LinkedIn page. I learned some extremely valuable ways to market myself professionally. I am still trying to learn twitter. Kwest has an account, but I am not so sure that I understand the #hashtags (would you write that #stilldontunderstand?)

Some questions that I have recieved in the recent weeks of putting myself out in the market:

"Are you sure you want to enter the mortgage industry in THIS economy??"
"Is there any money to be made in the Orangeburg market?"

Is my life so exciting that I need to start a blog because of all the spectacular things going on? Simple answer, not at all. If you are interested in seeing how the "new girl on the block" is going to prove the answer is YES to the above questions, keep checking back here! You will always see me making a sales pitch on other forms of social networking. On this blog, I plan to "keep it real." I look forward to sharing my journey with you!!

Oh, and one other thing, I plan to post often about one of my favorite things in this entire world --

RUE SMOAK FARMER (will post in detail about this brown angel at a different time!)

1 comment:

  1. So happy that you've started a blog! Can't wait to read the posts to come!

    ReplyDelete